Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Isn't that the ending from Mission to Mars?

Hey all you kids! Are you out there trolling the internet for something to fill that void inside you? I've got something to temporarily fill that void just like how Chinese food fills you up only to leave you hungry an hour later, or with a case of the shits.

I've got a quick little story for you that comes straight from the teachers mouth, not me, but the special ed teacher, Mrs. S.

On our first day back from Christmas break the students were given an assignment in which they would have to think of a new invention. The children seemed excited by this and to help spark their imagination Mrs. S. showed them several of the inventions showcased in a recent TIME magazine issue. One of the inventions was the latest Mars Rover that NASA plans to send to Mars in the coming year. At this point a fury of misinformation exploded into the classroom only to be capped off by Mrs. S's ground breaking theory on Martian and Human history.

Her theory that she told the students went something along the lines of this: "Humans are originally from Mars where we polluted the planet so badly that we had to leave it thousands of years ago to come to live on Earth."

I'm rather sure during this display of idiotic thought my mouth was hanging open. Thankfully I closed it before something came tumbling out of my mouth along the lines of, "are you fucking retarded?" Perhaps she was simply trying to make a point to the students (in a very outlandish fashion) about protecting the planet and not polluting. What I think is that I'm starting to discover why Mrs. S. is really in the special ed room.

1 comment:

Canada Jackson said...

Clearly she has gone native.