Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yes, No, Maybe

Fourth grade is a rough time for both boys and girls. This generally is the time you become aware of the opposite sex. Cooties are still a life threatening disease comparable to AIDS, but the prospect of not getting a valentine from that certain someone can be devastating. So it is that in fourth grade teachers begin to intercept notes sent between boys and girls in an attempt to swoon the other. Today I found myself in possession of just such a note sent from G to M. No spelling or grammar in the note has been corrected and is being presented in its original format.

"Dear M, I like you alot. So I wrote you a poem. roses are red, Violets are blue, not even the sun is as hott as you. love G."

Nothing like a new take on a classic. I hope the best to G and M in the future.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hat's pretty good, i got to write that down.

D-Rock said...

wow. and i thought my note in 6th grade was bad...

shannon, will you go out with me? circle one.
yes no


PS - she circled yes.