Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Did it taste like Snozberries?

I spend each day as a personal aide to a fourth grade boy who has several behavior and emotional issues. This keeps things new and exciting because you never know what M will bring to the table. Today M brought in a Calvin and Hobbes book which I also happened to own. Throughout the day M would read aloud to me from the book whenever he had the chance. While I waited for M's mother to pick him up at the end of the day, he once again took the opportunity to read aloud to me. He then happened to turn to a page that I remembered and loved. The following is what happened when he turned to the page.

Mr. R: I love this comic! This is one of my favorites.

M: Why?

Mr. R: I always loved the ones when Calvin is in the snow.

At this point M stares directly at me for about a second, breaks eye contact and licks the page from top to bottom.

Mr. R: M, Why did you do that?

M: I dunno.

Like I said before, M likes to keep me on my toes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

probably the best story of M.